• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC crashes after saving a converted document

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Indesign CC, I am running 2018 now but I had the same problem with the 2017 version.

When I open a slightly older document—that Indesign automatically opens as a "Converted document"—Indesign crashes right after the document is saved again. So luckily my changes to the document are always stored, but the crashes are obviously terribly annoying. It happens in about 90% of the cases.

I tried reinstalling the software and I tried resetting the preferences (starting Indesign with Ctrl + Alt + Shift pressed), without success.

Has anyone encoutered the same problem?

System: Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I'm using Suitcase but I turned of the Indesign plugin because I thought that might have something to do with the crashes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Hi,

We believe we have a fix available for the same. Can you follow the steps mentioned in the following KB document - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-save-as-nas-server.html and confirm if it resolves your issue?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue.   Please update when you find a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please mail package the document with CC2017 where it is working fine and send me at santalwa@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until now I could not find any document that works, Indesign crashed after saving any converted document so far. Do you have another option I can try Sanyamt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide more information -

What is your SaveAS location - Local/Network? If Network, please provide Network drive details

Does InDesign crash if you try to save a new "Untitled" Document created in CC2018

Please share a video of the issue at santalwa@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sanyamt.

You may be up to something:

— Indeed, I save to a NAS Synology Disk Station DS1817+

— Indeed, Indesign crashes when I save a new "Untitled" Document created in

CC2018. If I reopen overwrite the Untitled document aftwerwards, Indesign

does not crash.

The fix that kstohlmeyer1 suggested doesn't seem to have a positive effect

on the problem.

Yves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please zip these folders and send me at santalwa@adobe.com

• "/Users/<UserName>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports"
  • "/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These look like OS paths, I work on Windows and can't seem to find a

similar folder.

Can you specify the Windows location(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Click on the Link “Learn more about the data included in the crash report” –

Copy the crash thread stack and send the details to santalwa@adobe.com.

CR_Client.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you the crash thread stack via email. Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanyam - thanks for the update. I updated InDesign and it still crashes on save to NAS. I can send you the error report if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to add that it crashes still for 1) newly created documents and 2) converted documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of the issue and are currently investigating it.

As a workaround, you can save the document on a local machine, quit the indd document. Now copy the .indd document to NAS server and continue working on it. Let me know if you still face any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem: windows 7 64bit

a month has passed since the last post, and nothing happened? i updated today but that's a disappointment. would you update it sometime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, an update from Adobe would be great. The only workaround is saving on local machine first, but that's a terrible way of working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We believe we have a fix available for the same. Can you follow the steps mentioned in the following KB document - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-save-as-nas-server.html and confirm if it resolves your issue?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can we get a fix for Windows too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you facing the issue on windows machine also? Please send me the crash log at santalwa@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the issues on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you the crash thread stack via email. Thank's for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is there any chance to get a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in InDesign. I save a new untitled document to the Synology Disk Station NAS, and Indesign crashes. However the file actually does save... so once I reopen InDesign, I can open the file and continue on as usual. It's just a huge pain and time waste for my workflow knowing that any new document I create is going to cause a crash.

I fired up InDesign 5.5 and didn't have the problem, it can save to the NAS no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving to anywhere but a local drive is never recommended by Adobe - the read/write lag to a remote storage device can cause various problems. Think of it like a garden hose - you are trying to pump water through faster than the hose can handle so it fails. They recommend saving local and transferring the file itself to the remote location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines