• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CC crashes after saving a converted document

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Indesign CC, I am running 2018 now but I had the same problem with the 2017 version.

When I open a slightly older document—that Indesign automatically opens as a "Converted document"—Indesign crashes right after the document is saved again. So luckily my changes to the document are always stored, but the crashes are obviously terribly annoying. It happens in about 90% of the cases.

I tried reinstalling the software and I tried resetting the preferences (starting Indesign with Ctrl + Alt + Shift pressed), without success.

Has anyone encoutered the same problem?

System: Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I'm using Suitcase but I turned of the Indesign plugin because I thought that might have something to do with the crashes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Hi,

We believe we have a fix available for the same. Can you follow the steps mentioned in the following KB document - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-save-as-nas-server.html and confirm if it resolves your issue?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

InDesign Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the correct answer!

The original question was for system: Windows 10 Home 64 bit. But the fix is for Mac OsX.

We are waiting for a fix. My last question is more than a month old, and we did not get any answer.

This is not good for such a big company like Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still dealing with 40-50 Indesign crashes a day — even after numerous updates and reinstalls. I gathered a few consecutive crash reports in an XLS file.

Adobe, please, help me out here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday something has changed and there has been no update since then, but the windows did.

Since then indesign goes well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still a thing in 2021 with ID 2021 version 16.1.0. Saving on a NAS results to ID error "the network connection was lost for the file or the file was modified by another process".

System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 20H2 with updates.

Does someone still experience the same issue?

@SanyamTalwarcan you please provide the steps in the KB document https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-save-as-nas-server.html? The link brings to "Known issue now fixed" page but the issue definitely came back again.

Thanks guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines