• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC crashes always after quit

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CC crashes alway after quit. Every time I quit InDesign CC I get the error message that the program crashed. After restarting InDesign CC I have to do all the presettings again. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 103 Replies 103
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, with separate installs on two computers (latest gen iMacs). I tried deleting the program (using the Adobe program deleter) and reinstalling it, and I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on my Mac mini. Everytime I quit Indesign it crashes and error message appears.Indesign.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last thing Adobe apps do upon shutting down is to update the present version of the preferences file. If this is not possible the app will crash. Make sure that your permissions are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense, but it's still crashing even after making preference permissions correct in the users folder. Unless there is a preference file somewhere else that I don't know about, it's a bug. Also, why don't the other CC fonts crash on quitting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case - checking permissions, deleting and creating new preferences didn't help. InDesign didn't crash on quit until I tried to change default preferences. Then it crashes again and on the next launch I have default preferences again.

I think there's something wrong with workspaces.

Tried again - with default preferences (prior to tailoring workspace to my needs) InDesign exits with modified preferences without problems.

After modifying workspace, creating new, custom look - problem is back and application crashes everytime on quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using macbook pro retina, the Adobe CC doesn't work, when I choose the tool boxs' text tool, it will be quit.

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sun Alan, please look for bad fonts on your system. Please check if these fonts are installed, then disable or uninstall them:

• Ithornët
  • Typo3-Medium.ttf
  • Typo3Normal.ttf
  • batang.ttf
  • Savoye LET

Also, please follow this KB to troubleshoot fonts on your Mac: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-fonts-mac-os-x.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks PrintFusion4s,

I have not installed the fonts:

• Ithornët
  • Typo3-Medium.ttf
  • Typo3Normal.ttf
  • batang.ttf
  • Savoye LET

BUT i fixed the problem, want share to all users for ref.

Step 1) I backup all of fonts from "user library font folder" ((not the system library)) to desktop new folder

Step 2) Open Font books and delete all user fonts.

Step 3) Then I put back the backup fonts by "A fonts.... > B fonst.... > C fonts.... "into the "user library font folder"

Step 4) "A" fonts put there, then try to open Indd, no problem, "B" fonts... no problem... "C" fonts...

Step 5) I found 2 bad fonts:

• MHeiGB-Bold.ttf
  • MHeiGB-Medium.ttf

Then All fonts is no problem.

BUT the step  2) is a MUST,  because I have 2 macbook pro, when the 2nd times I only delete MHeiGB-Bold.ttf, MHeiGB-Medium.ttf, the indd CC still quit.  After I try step 2) then put all others fonts into  "user library font folder". The indd CC is work.

My english is poor, hope it can help all~

Thanks share~!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange! It seems here are a lot of people with the same problem, but no solution?

So, I'm not sure if I understand the sense of an allnew InDesign Version without working safe and solid ... As well I don't understand the changes of the surface like "back to the nineties" – but that's another story.

Is there anybody from the Adobe Staff who could tell us how long it will take (approx.) to find a solution?

That would be nice – so if it needs longer time, I would prefer to work in InDesign CS6 again.

Thank you for help and further informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing is happening to me on InDCC/Win7. crashes every time I quit. help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tech4Pub tip worked for me until I set new preferences, then InDesign started crashing on quit again. Remember, this this tip was written for CS6; CC hadn't been released when it was written, and this is a problem unique to InDesign CC. But at least I was able to save interface and pasteboard prefs before the quitting started again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same experience, Sandy.

Occasionally some of my prefs are retained, but CC pretty much always crashes on quit.

I started a different thread about it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I used that tip I changed all permissions off the InDesign prefs (files and folders) into read & write. Maybe that made the difference? Since then, I haven't had any crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID absolutely needs both read and write permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my crash-on-quit problem. (deleting prefs with the startup key command) Thanks, Ralph!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could you exactly explain how it works?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pref-dump routine that fixed this issue for me:

With Indesign NOT running, launch Indesign and then immediately hold down Command-Option-Control-Shift (or Option-Control-Shift on PC). You'll get a dialog that prompts you to delete your preferences file or cancle, and warns you about what settings you'll lose if you delete your prefs file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

It seems, that its working. First I thought not, because after selecting again my workspace-settings it crashed again.

So finaly it seems that I have to delet the prefs and as well delet all other settings and start new and fresh again ...

I hope it's working solid now and not changing again, when I do the one "wrong step" causing the crash again?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't want to be a nay-sayer, but after I flushed prefs and redid them, InDesign managed to quit a couple of times without crashing but now it's doing it every time again.

I think the solution is to never quit.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you folks still having the problem on mac or windows? just curious. the 3rd party startup script was really the problem for me on Windows. I had tried everything anyone on the forums had suggested...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you folks still having the problem on mac or windows?

Mac here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also on a Mac with 10.8.4.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then I'll butt out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines