• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC - Extract Pages

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a script guy, but think it's probably the only solution for splitting up an INDD file.

I'm running CC and need to break up a few documents into single page InDesign files (not PDF). I've read most of the articles on scripting but don't see anything that will work with CC (already tried a couple). Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The assumption in your description of your task is that the pages are independent of each other. If this is true, then just save the document the appropriate number of times with names that relate each to the page of interest, then open each and delete all the pages that don't belong in that document.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a script — I'm dealing with a page count in the hundreds.... Thanks tho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would need this script / feature also. Actually I don't understand that why this is not a build in feature within InDesign. It should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Doug – I cannot say if it's working for you, but there is a script for splitting a InDesign file (multi pages) to InDesign files (single pages) with a lot of options.

Author:

Hans Haesler

Script:

DokumentAufsplitten

UI: German

Made for: InDesign CS5

Mac version in sit archive:

http://www.fachhefte.ch/downloads.php?groupIDX=14&orderby=&sort=&search_query=&itemIDX=&begin=&limit...

Win version in zip archive:

http://www.fachhefte.ch/downloads.php?groupIDX=38&orderby=&sort=&search_query=&itemIDX=&begin=&limit...

I talked about it here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4456946#4456946

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I found this tool:

http://exportools.badiasoftware.com

Seems to be really handy. Only thing I miss in it is that in some cases I would like to be able to custom name individual exported pages manually. Now it has to be done in Finder after exporting.

Or more handy would be if it could name the file using the characters that are using specific Character Style from the document...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.kasyan.ho.com.ua/extractpages.html

I was recently searching for the same thing. Came across your post and later found this site... seems to do exactly what im after, hope it helps you!

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this one been tried?

http://www.scriptopedia.org/en/js-indesign/21-extractpages-en.html

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I have. It's written in javascript. It works in all normal scenarios (I didn't test it in EVERY possible situation). It is functional and is in use currently. If someone wants to check it out, I'll be glad to send you a copy. It works in CS5.5 and CC2015 as tested so should be fine in all versions in between.

Michael

img1.png img2.png img3.png img4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Interested to test it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where should I send it to?

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[personal data removed]

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go. Let me know what you think.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michael

I would be very interested in receiving your script if it works for CC2015.
The Extractpages script on scriptopedia is designed for CS5 and doesn't seem to work with CC2015.

I am in a desperate need of a tool letting me chop off my document in single spreads...

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Do you still have this script available? I am working on a gigantic book right now and can really use something like this, if you are still offering it up.

Thanks,

Patty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patty,

I haven't touched it in months but it should still work. Unfortunately I

don't have much in terms of documentation for it so you will need to

poke around. All features are under Action button. Let me know if it

works for you and whether you think it can be improved. Do you have an email I can send it to?

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds great! I am [posting email address is against forum rules]

I forgot to mention I'm on a PC--will that be a problem?

Thanks much,

Patty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, can I have the InDesign document splitter script psl? Thanks [posting email address is against forum rules]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monique,

since posting a mail address is against forum rules, send Michael a personal message (PM) and provide the necessary address with your PM.

To do so, click Michael's screen name when logged into the forum and use the Message button.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

i'm interested to test the script, please send me at (medos20.mi[at]gmail.com)

Thanks

M.Hasanain

Best
Mohammad Hasanin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir . Je serai intéressé de tester le script de Mickaël. PM envoyé

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines