• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance on Indesign 2021 on Macbook Pro 16" on macOS Big Sur - Spinning Beach ball

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please help. 

I've been having various issues - spinning wheel, slow performance when moving a text box or even just changing a font size. Everything is stutteringly slow.

I'm on the latest version of Indesign CC. Big Sur. 

Just now when working on a file everyting slowed right down and then all of my images that were linked and still are linked greyed out and disappeared. No more images in my focument just a blank placeholder. However I just fixed this. Overprint Preview was off. However I do not recall that images disappeared when Overprint preview is off. 

Biggest issue is that Indesign is deathly slow on a maxed out MacBook Pro 16".

Thanks,

Derek

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note - issues with missing images solved - display settings were altered. Can view correctly now with Overprint Preview on or off. 

Overall Indesign Performance unsatisfactorily slow. Any help would be great. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also appear to have fixed slow performance by reading the forums and turning off Fonts In Menu Preview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not clear information. "Reading the Forums" is not a solution to a technical problem.

How does one "turning off Fonts in menu preivew"? Is there an option for this buried somewhere in indesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is in InDesign's Preferences > Type

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. Could you please share a few more details:

• The exact version of InDesign
  • Does InDesign slow down while working on a specific document? If yes, could you please share that document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System / External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Are you using TimeMachine? If yes, please try disabling it as multiple users have reported that TimeMachine has slowed down some apps while they were working.
  • Does turning off Automatic Graphics Switching helps to resolve the issue? (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202043)

We are here to help, just need more info.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines