• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC periodically freezes everything else on the computer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to find an answer to this.

(2019 and 2020, I never had the issue in CS5) Here's the scenario. Working along in InDesign CC and decide to check mail or browser. Click on Windows toolbar, nothing happens. I can still do stuff in InDesign, but it's as if everything outside of InDesign is locked. I have to do a Ctrl-alt-delete to bring up Task Manager and the lock breaks, I don't have to shut down InDesign but suddenly can use other things again.

It seems completely random. One moment I switch from app to app as normal, the next I'm locked into InDesign (and again,  still able to work in it, just locked out of everything else). It's highly annoying and I cannot target the cause of the issue. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you are clicking on Windows Taskbar and nothing happens?

What sort of Windows maintenance do you practice? Do you ever use any utilities to clean Windows up? For example, do you ever empty the Windows Temp folder just as a generally healthy practice?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of Windows are you running? To successfully run the latest versions of InDesign you should make sure that your OS is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines