Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC Solid Color PDF Export · Volltonfarbe als PDF exportieren

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I need help. I need to export a PDF that ONLY contains the solid color and NOT the CMYK.
InDesign CC 2020.... I tried everything, but I always have the CMYK channels as well in my PDF and the printer mailes me....NOT printabel bc the CMYK colors are there.
What can I do.... ? I tried it already with .ps and Distiller, that’s not working...

Thank you
Cornela

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Everything solved!
The print shop emailed me an incorrect generated error message instead of telling me they needed an Illustrator file.
Thank you again!
Greetings from Berlin!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFs always contain at least the 4 process plates (or 1 black plate if the export is to grayscale). Your printer should be aware of that and simply output the spot color plates.

You can choose separations when you print postscript and distill, but your printer shouldn’t be forcing you into the old PS workflow—it’s really not a problem to skip the process plates at output. You might want to Preflight the ID file and make sure there are no process colors used in the document before exporting the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes....that’s what I thought.... I think I have to call them tomorrow.... Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that the printer can’t output separations—that can be the case with t-shirt screen printing.

You can output spot separations as separate pages to a postscript file using the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD like this. If the colors need to be trapped you can turn on Trapping and use InDesign’s built-in trapping:

Screen Shot 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything solved!
The print shop emailed me an incorrect generated error message instead of telling me they needed an Illustrator file.
Thank you again!
Greetings from Berlin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines