Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC V13.1 Crashes When Placing/Refreshing Images

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried different trouble shoots from the forum (for example: ICC profile is disabled) and am using the most up-to-date version. Cannot get rid of the crashes!
Please help... this is the crash log I always get: https://pastebin.com/embed_js/cFG48EV4

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

So, it seems that the folder from which I tried inserting the images made InDesign crash. After moving the folder to my desktop and reinserting the images everything is now working out fine. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be corruption in the file. I'd try saving it as IDML, and reopening it. Procedure is decribed here:

Clean corrupt files by exporting to .IDML or .INX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SteveWerner. If I export the file as an IDML with a new file name and open the file, InDesign crashes immediately: https://pastebin.com/embed_js/ggANUx4S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this only happens with this document, try dividing it in two and test each half, take the half that crashes and divide again until you (hopefully) isolate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it seems that the folder from which I tried inserting the images made InDesign crash. After moving the folder to my desktop and reinserting the images everything is now working out fine. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the original location of the images folder on a server, NAS drive, cloud drive, or external drive?

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. Please may I ask for help with crashes when I try to Place jpeg images into an Indd (CC) doc?

I thought it might be a symptom of a missing Windows update. Got all Windows updates installed  & PC restarted.

Still crashing when I try to place an image or multiple images.

I moved my file folder to the Desktop and tried again. Still crashing.

I pulled the images into a CC Library and the first time I placed an image it worked (after a fashion) but I couldn't see how to grab static captions using CC Library.

Anyway, after that, it started crashing again when placing from CC Library.

Please can anyone advise? Thanks so much for any help with this.

InDesign usually works so well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines