• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC20 Crashes Every Time I Try to Create a New Document

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into an issue with only InDesign where it crashes when trying to start a new document. All other applications in the suite work just fine and I can even open other InDesign files without issues. I just keep getting a crash and error report every time I want to create a new document. This is on Windows 10/

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried deleting all fonts as well. I'm at a loss as what else to do.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

The first thing to do is to reinitialize InDesign preferences: quit and relaunch while holding down the Ctrl, Shift and Alt keys until you see a message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to do is to reinitialize InDesign preferences: quit and relaunch while holding down the Ctrl, Shift and Alt keys until you see a message asking for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that just worked. First time I've been able to create a document without a crash. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines