• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC2018 files imported to 2019 update

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created book with individual chapters (now over 1400 pages long) using InDesign CC 2018. Book has over 500 links. Imported (converted) files into update 2019. Exporting to PDF now...links for TOC and any internet links are hosed, don't work. Of course can't go back to 2018 version. I've seen posts on problems like this but haven't seen a comment on how to deal with this specific problem. Any ideas. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to ask: Why did you ditch your copy of CC 2018 and move to CC 2019 when you hadn't finished a major project that used it? Did you  actually uninstall CC 2018? (These days, you are usually only able to download the most recent version of an application—which is InDesign 2020 and InDesign CC 2019.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for responding. I didn't ditch it. I update this book every year. I had set preferences to autoupdate the program. Last year, when I started the annual revision project the files had to be converted, and then the problems began.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines