• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC2019 Text variables

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with text variable headers for a magazine and they've been working great for the most part but I'm having a spacing issue with one of the headers. Although the spacing in my paragraph style is fine when it appears in the header it is squished. Attached are jpegs with a sample page as well as my master page. The text frame on the master page is plenty big enough to contain the text. I suspect it has something to do with the letter spacing of the "A" in April. 

Thanks, David

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

The text frames are plenty big. I found a work around by inserting a Type>Insert White Space>em space which fixes the type in the header but makes the type in the text look a little off. The magazine also has headers for February and March and they look fine so I think it might be the shape of the letter A in April that is causing the crowding. I could test it with August and see. Thanks ~d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David:

Try making the text frame wider on the master page. Currently, InDesign text variables cannot wrap to a second line, so they will simply squish themselves into whatever size frame you have drawn.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The text frames are plenty big. I found a work around by inserting a Type>Insert White Space>em space which fixes the type in the header but makes the type in the text look a little off. The magazine also has headers for February and March and they look fine so I think it might be the shape of the letter A in April that is causing the crowding. I could test it with August and see. Thanks ~d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines