• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign cc2020 hanging on epub export

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, I'm in the middle of exporting individual Indesign chapter docs to epub and have come across a doc that's "hanging" after I click "OK" to export — I'm getting the spinning wheel, which as of 5 minutes and counting, is still spinning. This happened before and I force quit ID. Can anyone explain what might be happening with this doc and what to do to fix it? It's part of a book and I've been able to export the prior chapters. Do I have to force quit again and save as an .idml doc or something? Is it corrupted?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Import and export , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a corruption, try dividing the document in half to see if one half is ok and the other half isn't, and continue halfing until you, hopefully isolate the issue. 

What does it state when you validate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Derek! Thanks for coming to my rescue.

There was no error message. Basically, the application would hang for the longest time until I couldn't stand it anymore and had to force quit. 

Upon restarting ID, i reopened the doc and saved as an .idml. When I opened the .idml doc, it listed an erroneous font: "Adobe Garamond Pro Nothing" (see screenshot).

I'm totally baffled. I don't have that font. How did it materialize in the document? In any case, I replaced it with Adobe Garamond Regular and was able to carry on (so far). Upon opening subsequent docs, I sometimes find Adobe Garamond Pro Regular listed twice in the "Find Font" dialogue box. When I do, I export to .idml, then reopen, fix the font issue, resave over the .indd doc, and carry on again. So far so good, but I'm still baffled at the "Adobe Garamond Nothing" font. Do you have any insight to that?

Thanks,

CArl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you use Open Type Fonts.
What about the validation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, the Adobe Garamond Pro fonts are opentype so I'm not sure how the issue materialized. So far the validation posts no errors (fingers crossed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your epub on as many devices and readers you can access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines