Highlighted

InDesign CC2020 (v15.02) crashes/slow performance on Windows 10

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in short: any chance to solve such problems/crashes without resetting all preferences :

2020-04-21_shot_003.jpg

2020-04-22_shot_006.jpg

2020-04-22_shot_indesign.jpg

Never had before: I opened a second file, but only after hovering the mouse the content of the file (yellow) appears above the first file ...

2020-04-22_shot_002.jpg

Thanks!

mycc

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please make sure you have Windows updated to the latest version.
Also, I'd request sharing crash report using sets provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html
You can also use Pastebin to share crash report here. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign CC2020 (v15.02) crashes/slow performance on Windows 10

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in short: any chance to solve such problems/crashes without resetting all preferences :

2020-04-21_shot_003.jpg

2020-04-22_shot_006.jpg

2020-04-22_shot_indesign.jpg

Never had before: I opened a second file, but only after hovering the mouse the content of the file (yellow) appears above the first file ...

2020-04-22_shot_002.jpg

Thanks!

mycc

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please make sure you have Windows updated to the latest version.
Also, I'd request sharing crash report using sets provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html
You can also use Pastebin to share crash report here. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Participant ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I send these crash reports -- with no feedback ...

yes, "of course" the latest version, the latest updates not only of Windows.

But what does the high workload in the Task Manager mean? CS6 worked much smoother.

Another screenshot:

2020-04-28_shot_009.png

I am working on a print, no web document 😉 or 😞

Thanks for your further help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing extremely laggy InDesign that started yesterday. This morning I cannot get any work done in it and I have an assignment due Sunday. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0
mycc LATEST
Participant ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had big problems too. Twice I had to save my file as IDML...

I have been working with Indesign CS6 under Win10 for years (and with many previous versions) and had no such problems. Quite the opposite! This (latest) CC version, at least under Windows, is, hmm, quite dangerous 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2020 0