Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign - Characters count excluding spaces

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I would like to ask you if there is any chance how to find out characters count excluding spaces in InDesign. The characters count under Window - Information provides info about counting with spaces.

I know that MS Word can count characters with and without spaces. Can I find it out in ID as well?

Thank you for your help,

Tom

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

You could use the Find/Change dialog for this. In the Grep tab use the following

Find What

([^\s])

Change To

$1

And then choose "Change All", it will prompt you the no of replacements made and that is the count of non space characters.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the Find/Change dialog for this. In the Grep tab use the following

Find What

([^\s])

Change To

$1

And then choose "Change All", it will prompt you the no of replacements made and that is the count of non space characters.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Manan,

Thank you very much for your reply. It works great, you saved lots of my time copying from ID to MS Word.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines