• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign/color_window/locked

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with color window in my up-to-date Indesign on OSX, MacBook Pro 15" (new one).

Even in a new-opened document color window is still locked and I can't use ex. CMYK color levels for the object. I can only do it via swatch panel, opening a single swatch and manage it. The color window just stoped working after one of the updates. No locked layers, no changing of preferences... Just simple New Document opened and I can't even draw a colour square and change levels of CMYK or RGB colours using a color window. Any help?

Screenshot 2019-02-26 at 17.55.59.pngScreenshot 2019-02-26 at 18.00.29.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

That type of thing is usually indicative of corrupt preferences. Try resetting them:

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences [2009 Outdated & Locked]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That type of thing is usually indicative of corrupt preferences. Try resetting them:

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences [2009 Outdated & Locked]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Filip,

Sorry to hear about this. I would like to know if the resetting preferences as suggested by Bob worked for you? If not, I would request you to please check how it works in Root account: How to enable the root user on your Mac or change your root password - Apple Support.

If it works fine there please try the steps share here to correct permissions on your user account.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If deleting preferences didn't work then try deleting your InDesign cache files (which is not the same as deleting preferences). This can restore elements of Panels which are not working.

To do so on a Mac:

The User Library folder in which InDesign’s cache files are stored is hidden by default on most Macintoshes. To access it make sure that InDesign is closed and click on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N).With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder with an icon that looks like a house—it may have the user’s name rather than “Home”) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire folder “Adobe InDesign”. I find that deleting the InDesign cache folder completely leads to a lasting change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting cache did the trick for us. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked for me also!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines