Highlighted

Indesign Command D to Place not Working

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command + D in InDesign is not working as of this morning when I updated it with the newest rounds of updates. Even if I go to "File -> Place", no dialogue box comes up. 

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign Command D to Place not Working

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command + D in InDesign is not working as of this morning when I updated it with the newest rounds of updates. Even if I go to "File -> Place", no dialogue box comes up. 

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you reset your InDesign preferences to see if that resolves the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Command + D suddenly doesn't work anymore. I've tried to reset my preferences but doesn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different levels of resetting corrupt preferences. If you started with the keyboard shortcut technique, I'd suggest moving on to deleting/rebuilding the cache and preferences:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0