• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Command Z ist not working

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, working with the latest Indesign Version 2021, Command Z is grey and not working ... have alreday deleted Indesign preferences for a couple of times, but problem appears again and again ... somebody out there with some suggestions what to do? Thanks and best regards, Tommas

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Tommas! I'm sorry you're seeing this problem! It's not happening to me. Do you, by any chance, have a dialog box open, or somesuch? Please let us know what operating system you're experiencing this on.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your answer ... the first time this happened was about 6 weeks ago, working with Catalina. I hoped the issue will disapear with Big Sur (latest Version) but it did not. I am still facing the problem ... sometimes not when I am opening Indesign for the first time ... but later after working with various Indd Documents ... really strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, though, Command-Z will always be greyed out until you've actually done something within the file to undo. Also when first opening a document you would expect to see that Command-Z is in grey. It would also get greyed out after the intial save of a document or after a "save as" of that document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill, thank you very much responding to my problem. Command-Z is not always greyed out ... it is working when I restart Indesign, but after some times its becoming greyed out again ... but not especially after saving the document, mainly before ... when the problem appeared the first times i couldn´t save the file, but this was under Catalina ... with Big Sur "save" or "save as" is working. Another information which might be interesting is that most of my Indesign Documents are stored in Lacie Hard Drive and I usally open them from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if working on the documents on your computer's hard drive makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... no difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try creating a new user account(https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac) on your machine and try working on InDesign there. Let us know if you have the similar issue there. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ashutosh, thanks for responding, but similar issue everywher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines