• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign compatibility

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use InDesign to make an annual report with mostly Excel tables.  I want the tables to then update automatically in InDesign when I update the spreadsheets.  I also have some Excel charts/graphs that I will cut and paste into InDesgn.  I have some images I will paste in too.  In the end I will publish as a pdf.  Will InDesign do all these things?

Thanks.  

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Yes, but you'll want to keep the spreadsheets as live-linked so that the InDesign versions can be updated.

Turn on that feature in InDesign's Preferences:

• Preferences
  • File Handling
  • Check the option to Create Links when Placing Text and Spreadsheet Files

You can then update the data in your InDesign tables by refreshing the links to the spreadsheets in the Links Panel.

It appears you're new to InDesign: if that's true, I suggest you take some minimal training in basic InDesign. Your local c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but you'll want to keep the spreadsheets as live-linked so that the InDesign versions can be updated.

Turn on that feature in InDesign's Preferences:

• Preferences
  • File Handling
  • Check the option to Create Links when Placing Text and Spreadsheet Files

You can then update the data in your InDesign tables by refreshing the links to the spreadsheets in the Links Panel.

It appears you're new to InDesign: if that's true, I suggest you take some minimal training in basic InDesign. Your local community college is usually a good place for that, or online at LinkedIn Learning.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines