• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign completely unresponsive when opening

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to research and figure this out for about a month with no luck. Suddenly, InDesign no longer works. When I launch, it goes through the typical startup screen, then opens the welcome page just fine. Then, I can NOT click on anything. I can't minimize it, click any menus, launch buttons, etc. It acts like it is unresponsive but I get no errors as such. The only thing I can do is go to task manager to close it. 

Things I've tried:

-uninstalling/reinstalling

-installing different versions (both 2020 and 2021 versions do this)

-resetting preferences (via ctrl-alt-shift)

-manually deleting all pref and cache folders manually and restarting program

When I go to task manager it shows 0% CPU usage. 

Has anyone else had this happen and know a fix? This is getting to the level of urgent!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Hi there,

I hope your issues is resolved now. If it isn't, I'd request you to follow this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign/td-p/11487287?page=1) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Try Adobe Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 (up-to-date)

32GB ram

50+ GB of space available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Windows 10 updated to the most recent version? Are you sure that the problem is program related and not a problem with your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Windows 10 is up-to-date.  I don't know if it is OS related or program related, but I know it ran fine, and then after some updates it no longer works. As I said before, it fully loads, but the home screen and the entire interface is unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any third-party plugins/extensions? Any third-party anti-virus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing new since the last time it worked. No plugins or extensions, and just running malwarebytes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I hope your issues is resolved now. If it isn't, I'd request you to follow this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines