Highlighted

Indesign 'CONFLICT' with saving/exporting

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to save my Indesign document (which is saved on a local network server) I get an error message and I'm forced to save my document as a new file, which I do with an updated name. The current document now has "-CONFLICT-1.indd" at the tail end of the document name after I save a new file.

The same thing is happening when I export a PDF, one document has "-CONFLICT-1.pdf" attached to the name, and a second unwanted PDF is exported with the same name with a data size of 0kb.

I have updated Catalina to lastest software release, re-intalled indesign and of course trashed preferences.

Thanks!!!

Specs:

MacOS Catalina - 10.15.6

iMac 27in

Adobe Creative Cloud - Latest Update 2020

Adobe Indesign 2020 - 15.1.1 

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Print, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign 'CONFLICT' with saving/exporting

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to save my Indesign document (which is saved on a local network server) I get an error message and I'm forced to save my document as a new file, which I do with an updated name. The current document now has "-CONFLICT-1.indd" at the tail end of the document name after I save a new file.

The same thing is happening when I export a PDF, one document has "-CONFLICT-1.pdf" attached to the name, and a second unwanted PDF is exported with the same name with a data size of 0kb.

I have updated Catalina to lastest software release, re-intalled indesign and of course trashed preferences.

Thanks!!!

Specs:

MacOS Catalina - 10.15.6

iMac 27in

Adobe Creative Cloud - Latest Update 2020

Adobe Indesign 2020 - 15.1.1 

Topics

Bug, Import and export, Print, Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you save the files onto your local hard drive, rather than to your server? (It could be some issue with the way the server is set up, which would be hard for us to diagnose.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines