InDesign constantly crashing on new Mac M1 Chip

Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is contantly crashing on my new Macbook Pro. Does anybody know why this keeps happening? I know the programmes aren't optimised yet to run on the M1 but they should be running fine under Rossetta 2. Photoshop & Illustrator run perfectly but for some reason when I have InDesign open my whole computer freaks out! It's always placing PDFs that causes this to happen. 

I'm afraid that you're putting a little too much faith in the powers of Rosetta 2.

Just because Apple says that legacy programs should work fine Under Rosetta doesn't mean they will. And for several legacy programs, InDesign and Photoshop included, erratic problems have resulted. At this stage, I wouldn't necessarily be laying this at the feet of Adobe. But even though I'm nothing more than an end user, just like you, I can say that Adobe is working hard to compile Silicon-native apps for your M1 Mac.

Steve has shared a link where you can find out about latest developments. Take heart that things will get better for you, even as you're riding down the bleeding edge of technology. You're out ahead of the curve, but Adobe's racing to catch up with you.

I wish I had better news for you,

Randy

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign constantly crashing on new Mac M1 Chip

Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign is contantly crashing on my new Macbook Pro. Does anybody know why this keeps happening? I know the programmes aren't optimised yet to run on the M1 but they should be running fine under Rossetta 2. Photoshop & Illustrator run perfectly but for some reason when I have InDesign open my whole computer freaks out! It's always placing PDFs that causes this to happen. 

I'm afraid that you're putting a little too much faith in the powers of Rosetta 2.

Just because Apple says that legacy programs should work fine Under Rosetta doesn't mean they will. And for several legacy programs, InDesign and Photoshop included, erratic problems have resulted. At this stage, I wouldn't necessarily be laying this at the feet of Adobe. But even though I'm nothing more than an end user, just like you, I can say that Adobe is working hard to compile Silicon-native apps for your M1 Mac.

Steve has shared a link where you can find out about latest developments. Take heart that things will get better for you, even as you're riding down the bleeding edge of technology. You're out ahead of the curve, but Adobe's racing to catch up with you.

Randy

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 26, 2020 0
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link may provide more information abou the status of using Rosetts 2 with InDesign:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/macbook-air-m1-2020-indesign-keeps-stalling/td-p/11702474?pa...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 1
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou for sharing!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0
Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 26, 2020 1
Eva5E6D LATEST
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Randy, hopefully soon it will all run smoothly so I can get some work done!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0