Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crash at startup on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I can't run InDesign 2021. It always crashes during startup. I already sent crash report. I try to reset preferences, clear preferences folder, reinstall (with clean installation tool). InDesign 2020 works fine. 

Does anybody have some advice?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

I'm not sure which country you're in but I suggest you contact Adobe support (I think in India), they may, with your permission, take over your computer and have a look and see what's going on. Here's a screenshot of the contact page from the UK, yours may look different.

Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 18.14.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derak,

I have 64GB of RAM and more then 700GB free space on spare disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be worth using the Adobe Cleaner Tool to sort out the issue:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try with Cleaner Tool, but nothing happend. I also have similar problem with Premiere Pro and Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean, nothing happens,  were you able to download and open the Cleaner Tool application? Then what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstall and clean all CC aplication i'm using (Indesign, Illustrayor, Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects, Bridge and XD) with Cleaner tool. Then reinstall from CC application again. But I still have same problems with same applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have some serious conflicts. Do you have lots of old versions of Adobe applications on your system and maybe a virus checker and a third party font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before first crash I had only one version of all apllications, but when problems start I installed older versions. InDesign 2020 and Premiere Pro 2019 works fine, but Premiere Pro 2020 has same problems. I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security as antivirus. I try to start application without Kaspersky, but problem is still here. Also I'm using FontExpert 2021 as font manager. I will try to start application in safe mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll wait to see how you get on

(Have you tried uninstalling InDesign 2021 using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app and reinstalling it again?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just try in safe mode, but it still crash at start. I will now try to reinstall from CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstal from CC app and disabele to copy preferences from previous version and crash again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to double-check, you did reset your preferences like this:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialogue appears, asking you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Last time just a few seconds before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've tried everything and InDesign is still crashing, is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also try with differnet versions of graphics card and motherboard drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which country you're in but I suggest you contact Adobe support (I think in India), they may, with your permission, take over your computer and have a look and see what's going on. Here's a screenshot of the contact page from the UK, yours may look different.

Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 18.14.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know how you get on Davor, it will be useful feedback for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Derek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines