Hopefully somneone can help.
InDesign (16.1) crashes every time after my computer wakes from sleep.
Computer: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020), 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9, 128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, maxOS Big Sur version 11.2.1.
Try resetting your InDesign preferences to see if that makes any difference:
1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialog appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.
(If you don't see the question do it again.)
Thanks for the response.
Yes, I have tried resetting InDesign preferences. I'm afraid this doesn't fix the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I downloaded the Adobe Cleaner tool and followed the instructions last night.
Worked through the day with fingers crossed and unfortunately the problem persists.
How much spare disk capacity do you have on your system?
Do you have a third party plugin like a font manager installed?
Does the. crashing happen with all documents or just one particular one?
– I have plenty of storage.
– No third party plugins. No font manager.
– Crashes with all documents. Consistently happens when the computer wakes from sleep no matter what document I have open. Also crashes when waking from sleep when no document is open. Also crashes frequently at seemingly random points throughout the day.
Might be worth getting your graphics card checked out.