• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Crashes Before It Opens

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed all these steps and InDesign is still not opening. Please I need help! I have very important projects put on hold.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS and InDesign? 
Please make sure your OS and InDesign is updated to the latest version. Also, try resetting the InDesign preferences once. Follow instructions on help article 

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.  Let us know how it goes.

You may also share the crash report with us using the Pastebin here or following the steps provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html
Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for the response.

I'm running on the latest version of Catalina and InDesign.

I'll try the steps above and revert to you.

Many thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

Unfortunately I cannot reset InDesign preferences because it won't even up. The image below shows how far it goes before the beach ball of death starts rolling. Now because it's not opening, a crash report cannot be created.

Now I notice Adobe Photoshop is also not launching.

Is there an issue with Catalina? What am I doing wrong? Am I the only one facing these problems?

Unhappy in Ottawa, Canada

This is how far I get each time I launch InDesignThis is how far I get each time I launch InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the details. You mentioned that Photoshop is also not responding.
Please try creating a new administrator user account on your machine and see if the apps are working there. Follow instructions on help article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac to know how to setup new user.

If they are not, I'd recommend using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) to remove the programs and install them again. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps above a few times until InDesign eventually launched yesterday evening. 

Then this morning it wouldn't launch again! I've gone through the steps severally to no avail. 

This is very frustrating to say the least. I don't know what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear about that. Looks like Adobe one-on-one support will be able to help you out here. Please click on https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html , click on chat icon at bottom right to begin the conversation. They'll be able to perform remote troubleshooting on the machine and will be able to help you out accordingly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines