Highlighted

InDesign crashes constantly while editing text on a particular file on macOS Mojave

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and still having a problem. Whenever I add a text box or do anything the file shuts down. I removed all the text and still keeps shutting down. I even pulled up the orginal file and tried starting over but it still keeps crashing. I don't know what to do and this project is due TOMORROW!!! Ugh.... Please help! 

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Looks like the file got corrupt/ damaged. Try moving the pages to a new document (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/pages-spreads-1.html) and see if that helps.

There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. If moving pages doesn't help, please email your file to idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign crashes constantly while editing text on a particular file on macOS Mojave

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and still having a problem. Whenever I add a text box or do anything the file shuts down. I removed all the text and still keeps shutting down. I even pulled up the orginal file and tried starting over but it still keeps crashing. I don't know what to do and this project is due TOMORROW!!! Ugh.... Please help! 

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Looks like the file got corrupt/ damaged. Try moving the pages to a new document (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/pages-spreads-1.html) and see if that helps.

There are multiple factors that can lead to file corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. If moving pages doesn't help, please email your file to idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?
Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest InDesign version. I actually just uninstalled it and reinstalled to see if that would help but it did not.

I am on OS 10.14.6. I know I need to update - I just hate updates because then there seems to be other issues! I think the issue with Indesign is the style sheets. It works fine with other files. But whenever I use any of these particular files, Indesign crashes. So last night I started building an entire new file.... not what I wanted to do but I felt like I had no choice. The issue started when I was importing the RTF file. I think maybe it was importing an odd style?? I tried resaving the RTF file as .docx and that seemed to be ok but then I loose all the footnotes! I have not reset the preferences. Will I loose a lot of info if I do that? How do I do that? Thank you so much for responding!!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If any of the above-mentioned solutions or suggestions helped, please mark them correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0