Highlighted

InDesign crashes every single time I do Command+C

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pretty basic action to copy with the keyboard shortcut, or even with the mouse secondary button... so imagine how many times it crashed today: It's ridiculous, cause when I re-open InDesign a message that says "failed trying to recover the file" appears. 

I'm about to jump trough to my office window: I lost my work 34579834 times today 🙂 

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign crashes every single time I do Command+C

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pretty basic action to copy with the keyboard shortcut, or even with the mouse secondary button... so imagine how many times it crashed today: It's ridiculous, cause when I re-open InDesign a message that says "failed trying to recover the file" appears. 

I'm about to jump trough to my office window: I lost my work 34579834 times today 🙂 

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing some more information like:

1. Version of OS and InDesign.

2. Is it happening on a specific document or all the documents? (If it is happening with just 1 file, try to save file as IDML and then try to work on it.)

3. Are the files saved locally or on a network?

4. Have you tried to reset the preferences? (If not, please do. You may follow the steps on https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html#restore_all_preferences_and_defau... )

All this information would help us understand issue better and work accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh, thanks for the quick reply!

- InDesign version 2020 15.0.0.155 - OS Mojave version 10.14.6

- It's happening randomly in different archives all saved on a network (Google Drive). 

- I have not, but I will try to reset the preferences and see if it works. 

Many thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem when trying to copy and paste from one doc to another. I'm using InDesign 2020 and this began after update. It is making it imposible for me to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the problem it's not solved I have downloaded the 2019 version again: At least I can work! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We have recently released an update for InDesign 2020 (v15.0.1) which contains some stability fixes. I addition to the suggestions shared by Ashutosh, I would recommend you to update to the latest version and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed an older version of InDesign as the person above did and it was working again. I've just updated to the latest version 15.0.1 and it started again. Do I need to go back to version 2019 again to stop it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is 15.0.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ma Bad!! I'm at 15.0.2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines