InDesign crashes every time I try to import a PDF over 500kb in to it

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone help me, every single time I try to 'Place' a PDF document greater than 500kb in to InDesign the entire document crashes, every single time. If I do manage to import the PDF in to the document, it lasts around 10 second before crashing, or once I try to move the object or scroll, the entire programme crashes. I have borrowed my sister's laptop (an older Macbook air) and have managed to import all 7 PDFs without a problem, however then when I send the document to myself and open it on my laptop, again the entire programme crashes. I am using a MacBook Pro operating Mac OS Big Sur 11.1 and my InDesign is up to date to the latest version 16.1. I have looked at what older options are available in the creative cloud but it only shows me as far back as 16.0. My sister's laptop is using 15.1.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines