• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashes immediately at launch

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to the latest version a couple of weeks ago (not sure what version that was, perhaps 16.0.2), InDesign has crashed constantly. Yesterday and all day today I haven't even been able to open a single document – no matter which one I try. Immediately after launching, the dreaded beachball shows up and sometimes the entire computer freezes. I use a MacBook Pro with Catalina, version 10.15.7. 

I've lost count on how many times I've restarted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of InDesign to see if that might make a difference. But nope, none of the available versions in CC work. Extremely frustrating, with several deadlines ahead. I've searched through loads of forum thread online but haven't found a solution to my problem. What could be at fault?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to try the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...) & let us know if it helps with the crashes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashutosh,

I ended up contacting your support team for help IRL, and got excellent service. It took him over an hour to find the problem, but in the end I think he managed to resolve the issue by installing some sort of Adobe clean up application. After everything was "cleaned" it hasn't given me any more headache (so far).

Thanks for following up!

/Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines