Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashes on "Object Export Options"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.11.6, Indesign CC 2017.1, Build 12.1.0.56

InDesign crashes every time I choose the Object Export Options command. I have tried trashing the preferences file. I have tried resetting the PRAM. It used to work but now consistently does not. I cannot pinpoint when it stopped working or what has changed. Four other designers with the same configuration are not experiencing the same problem. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Kevin said: "… InDesign now crashing on attempted launch of "Object Export Options" in Adobe InDesign 15.1.3 on Windows 10 Enterprise 1909."

Hi Kevin,

did you try to trash Cache files and / or the Preferences?

Before doing anything in this direction, close InDesign and do a backup of the following Version 15.0 folders:

Cache folder:

UserName > AppData > Local > Adobe > InDesign > Version 15.0

Preferences folder:

UserName > AppData >Roaming > Adobe > InDesign > Version 15.0

As a next step

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would update the operating system (macOS High Sierra 10.13.2) and indesign (13.0.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems here with latest macOS 10.13.2 and InDesign update 13.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saschriver63,

Did Vladan's suggestion work for you or are you still experiencing issues? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. it just started today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update that address this issue. I am still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of InDesign and the Operating System.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or on multiple files?
  3. If possible please share a few screenshots or a small video of the workflow.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening on all documents. The version of InDesign is v14.03 and this is on a windows system. When you right click on the image and select object export options. The program would used to crash. Now it does not crash but the command is non responsive and nothing pops up to insert an alt tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I'd recommend resetting the preferences for InDesign. To reset the preferences, please follow the steps below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC. 

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.  

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign crashes on "Object Export Options" again in Adobe indesign 16.1 

Mac Big Sur 11.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign now crashing on attempted launch of "Object Export Options" in Adobe InDesign 15.1.3 on Windows 10 Enterprise 1909. Resetting preferences doesn't solve problem, plus after the reset I can now not open documents from the thumbnails of recent documents. I click on them and nothing happens.

Why can't Adobe effectively patch this recurring and unpredictable Object Export Options crashing problem? It's beyond annoying. I can't make my documents accessible without Object Export Options! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tryed this yet. But maybe this is an answer whitch i found in another post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-beta-for-apple-silicon-inviting-users-to-test-and-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 with InDesign 16.1. When I bring up Object Export Options and try to click on any of the dropdowns to change an object to an artifact, the dropdown won't show up. Same frustration, I can't make any documents accessible without Object Export Options and I don't want to deal with tagging in Acrobat because that can be just as frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This immediately solved the issue of  "Crashing-on-Object-Export"... Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running MacOS 10.13.6 and using InDesign 15.1.2. Until today (18th September 2020) everything was fine. Now everytime I use Object Export Objects to create an artefact InDesign crashes. I need to URGENTLY solve this problem as I create accessible documents/PDF's on a daily basis and work on Covid 19 material that needs posting online. Please can someone at Adobe or a fellow community member offer a solution to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin said: "… InDesign now crashing on attempted launch of "Object Export Options" in Adobe InDesign 15.1.3 on Windows 10 Enterprise 1909."

Hi Kevin,

did you try to trash Cache files and / or the Preferences?

Before doing anything in this direction, close InDesign and do a backup of the following Version 15.0 folders:

Cache folder:

UserName > AppData > Local > Adobe > InDesign > Version 15.0

Preferences folder:

UserName > AppData >Roaming > Adobe > InDesign > Version 15.0

As a next step after the backup delete or rename the two Version 15.0 folders and start InDesign.

InDesign will create new folders for cache and preferences. When done try to export again.

If that will not help, close InDesign, restore your backups of the two folders; the issue could be document related.

Maybe a different approach would help then…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe -

Thanks, this worked for me. I'd already reset the Preferences, but resetting the Cache as well is what made this work for me. Many thanks!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. The problem started today, and this clearing of the cache and preferences folders did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on the Ventura operating system and have the same problem. I can't find my Indesign Cache or Preferences to try clearing them. Can someone help with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines