InDesign crashes when changing any content, or typing in the box to change page size

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is the second time this has happened to me in the past month so I'm getting pretty frustrated.

Essentially, it goes like this:

1. Load a document, which goes just fine.
  2. Move a text box.
  3. Crash.

Or, it goes like this:

1. Load a document, no issues.
  2. File > document setup, intending to change the page size project-wide.
  3. Click the box to type in new page size.
  4. Type anything.
  5. Crash.

Or, in an even more fun event, it goes like this:

1. Load a document, no issues.
  2. File > document setup.
  3. Try using the up/down arrows instead of typing because it feels like text must be the issue.
  4. Crash.

In any of those cases, when I try to open up that document again, the application notifies me that they're likely corrupted. If I try to open them anyway via that dialog, they won't open. If I open them again via File > Open, then they open like normal.

I'm running 15.1.1 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.6. I've rebooted my computer, uninstalled/reinstalled InDesign. I've cleared my preferences. Nothing.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If InDesign says the files are corrupted, it is probably true. It could be that your drive is "going south."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Luxensis AUTHOR
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, the drive is a brand new SSD. The files are fine prior to crashing the first time, and then once a crash happens, all of this sets in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're experiencing is not normal behavior with InDesign 15.1.1 and Catalina 10.15.6. I have exactly the same setup.

You might try running InDesign from another user. There can be corruption in computer user areas.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines