• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashes when inserting text in a particular document

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very well structured Indesign document that a colleague of mine has created. The document is in German and my task is to put in the English text because our costumer needs an English version. For no reason Indesign crashes wehen putting in the new text. But only on certain points. I figured out that it always crashes on parts where my colleauge put in an anchored text box. It is not even possible to work on this document because it crashes again and again. I have no clue what to do. Colleagues of mine tried it out on their macs and had the same problem.
Anyone heard of this bug before? Thanks in advance!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

There could be corruption in the document. Save as an IDML file (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or later [IDML]). Then reopen the file and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could be corruption in the document. Save as an IDML file (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or later [IDML]). Then reopen the file and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

There are multiple factors, both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to document corruption. I would like to know if the steps suggested by Steve worked for you. If not, please email your InDesign file to idfile@adobe.com and we will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link. Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines