• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign crashes when placing .indd document

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, since I have updated to Indesign CC 2017 I'm having this problem. In my workflow, almost everyday I need to place a .indd document into Indesign (different documents). Since I can remember I have done this, and never had problems before. Now, with Indesign CC 2017 every time I place a .indd file and handle it (move, copy/paste, etc), Indesign crashes... Don't know what to do and sincerely, I remember my days as a student with nostalgia, because since CC I find that the software is FULL OF BUGS, and this is just one of them.

Has anyone had this problem to? I hope I'm not the only one...

I'm working in IOS 10.12.4 Sierra

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do that now and then, every time Indesign "bugs up" with some known issues, like when the layer indicator disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sad to hear that you are facing this crash issue while placing the InDesign file.

Can you please mail me the file you are trying to place at amaarora@adobe.com so that I too can reproduce the issue locally.

Also, are you otherwise able to open the file you are trying to place?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a single file, it's more like a rule. It happens every time I work with INDD into INDD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would always recommand to export a PDF/X-4 and place that instead of an INDD as I had several severe issues when placing INDD in INDD, specially with Windows networks or with different versions where the INDD files have been created with or with missing fonts on a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, that is the best way to work, I agree. But... I must place INDD files all the time and need them to be "updatable". If this function doesn't work, Adobe should put it out, or fix it... Well, I reinstall Indesign and it worked again, but I'm feeling like returning to CC or CS6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines