Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign crashes while opening files

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've been working in InDesign with no issues for over a year, and this afternoon it started crashing when I open files - so cannot continue to work!
I have upgraded to the latest install - but still persists. Any ideas?

Theresa

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @thornybird Can you give us more information about your operating system and which exact latest install you are working with? What types of troubleshooting have you tried so far? Have you rolled back to a previous version to see if that is stable for you? Are you crashing with every document you try to open? Are you able to create a new document, add anything to it, close and open the file? You may need to reinstall your current version, log in and out of Creative Cloud, reboot your system, reset your preferences or any other number of fixes to see if you can get the latest version going. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the crashing. I understand your frustration! I would request you to share a few more details along with the ones asked by @J E L:

Also, please try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034) and share your observations with us. 

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines