Highlighted

InDesign crashing about ten times per day

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign crashes so much that a few months ago, I even bought a new kick-butt laptop to try to resolve the isue. No my files process faster, but ID still crashes just as much.

InDesign crashes randomly when:

• I open my laptop lid
  • close my laptop lid
  • when I go to place a file or do seemingly anything inside the program
  • When I go to another program and come back to InDesign
  • When I'm not even at my computer and out walking my dogs, cooking dinner, and anything else.

I'm not a new InDesign user. I've reset preferences, restarted the computer, delete the InDesign cache... can someone please help me fix this? I have reached out to Adobe Cares on Twitter, and they just sent me to this help article. I've sent them files, sent them my crash reports, everything they asked for. 

I've spoken with other ID users and this is NOT the norm. The latest version of ID is supposed to be the most stable, and for me, it is the most buggy version ever. Please help. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign crashing about ten times per day

Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign crashes so much that a few months ago, I even bought a new kick-butt laptop to try to resolve the isue. No my files process faster, but ID still crashes just as much.

InDesign crashes randomly when:

• I open my laptop lid
  • close my laptop lid
  • when I go to place a file or do seemingly anything inside the program
  • When I go to another program and come back to InDesign
  • When I'm not even at my computer and out walking my dogs, cooking dinner, and anything else.

I'm not a new InDesign user. I've reset preferences, restarted the computer, delete the InDesign cache... can someone please help me fix this? I have reached out to Adobe Cares on Twitter, and they just sent me to this help article. I've sent them files, sent them my crash reports, everything they asked for. 

I've spoken with other ID users and this is NOT the norm. The latest version of ID is supposed to be the most stable, and for me, it is the most buggy version ever. Please help. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off a chat with Adobe and their solutions were to:

• Sign out of iCloud
  • Sign out of Dropbox
  • Turn off GPU acceleration
  • Remove plugins

"if it crash after installing the plug-ins, contact with plug-in manufacturer as it is working fine without it"

So we'll see...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?
How much RAM and spare disk capacity?

If what has already suggested doesn't work and you have the correct system spec, try this:

Unistall InDesign, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall it again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign again.

Here's a link to Cleaner: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 15.1.2

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.04.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 12.05.21 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0