• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashing...alot

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2020 iMac running with a 6.6ghz 6 core intel core i5 processor and a AMD radeon Pro 5300 4gb graphics card. that just keeps on crashing when I use inDesign. (everything updated) Its basically my go to piece of software. There is no rhyme or reason to these crashes. Just the spinning wheel of death at any given point while designing.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions out there?

Also, the application wont minimize when I double click the tittle bar like every other application I own, extremely annoying to my workflow. Any solutions to this?

Seached causes and solutions, tried everything, alas still happening.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed any fonts on your computer in font book or other font software ?  If so try removing them and restarting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Font book fonts, that are years old from previous systems. Can they be the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Font, fonts and more fonts - this is a common problem for folks using old fonts or corrupt fonts. Personally have had this on some of my training room machines over the years. For me it always came down to fonts...

If you have Suitcase Fusion you will have access to check your fonts and see if any are corrupt. As you mention font book - i would uninstall fonts (hope you created folders for them to easily identify new installed fonts) and restart to see if things clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the response given earlier, you may also try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) if you have similar issues in the future.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines