Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Crashing during 'Share for Review'

Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple files that I need to share with my team. I didn't have an issue sending the initial review link to them. I have been working on the file and went to 'Update Link' so that they could have the most updated version of the document. 

Now everytime I try to 'Update Link', the entire program crashes and doesn't seem able to handle any sort of update for reviews. Sometimes the program doesn't crash, but it's unable to update the link and just freezes (as shown in the video).

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me on 1 of my files. It is really weird because out of the 10 files I have been working on and uploading for review, only 1 is crashing InDesign. Leads me to believe it may be something in the file, but i don't even know where to start on the process of elimination. Pretty frustrating for such a great feature of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & InDesign? Does it happen with multiple files? Is the file saved on a local drive or network? If not, then it might be a file specific issue.

You may try saving the file as IDML and then again re-save IDML as INDD & see if it helps. Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines