• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Crashing mac M1 Impossible to work

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seriously desperate, since the newest version it's impossibile to work with indesign. I have to shut down my mac constantly  because  the programm freezes the whole computer even if I close it. I don't know what to do anynore, I tried to work with the older version but still doesn't work. I tried to uninstall and install again. Please please please fix this because I can not work and I have deadlines. Or at least give us a discount because we are not able to use the programs we pay for.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

The problem you're having is because Creative Cloud programs do not run natively on computers with the M1 chip. At this time the apps are forced to run through Rosetta 2 which causes numerous problems. For more information see: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bought a bleeding-edge machine with a new platform. Apple is using an emulation that apparently is not very good. I suggest contacting them and telling them to fix rosetta 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you're having is because Creative Cloud programs do not run natively on computers with the M1 chip. At this time the apps are forced to run through Rosetta 2 which causes numerous problems. For more information see: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines