Highlighted

InDesign crashing on copy and paste

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to rearrange a table and every time I try to cut and paste a column, it crashes. It's a brand new document I created on Friday and am now trying to edit on a tight deadline and this is happening repeatedly. 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign crashing on copy and paste

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to rearrange a table and every time I try to cut and paste a column, it crashes. It's a brand new document I created on Friday and am now trying to edit on a tight deadline and this is happening repeatedly. 

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but instead of trying to copy and paste Columns, select the Column you wish to move and drag the Column to a new insertion point in your Table. This only works with a table in which Cells have not been merged.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

to get to the core of the issue:

Attach a sample document with this isolated table so that we can look into it and test something.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 1