• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Crashing on Launch on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded InDesign today. During the download process my AVG antivirus detected a Trojan threat and gave me two option.

Protect and secure the threat

or

Ignore threat and it will still prevent me from opening the file.

The installation went fine but when I launch the app all I get is a crash report form to keep sending to Adobe?

Any ideas as to what is happening and how I can get to use the program?

Thanks

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS?
Also, please submit your crash report using the steps provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

You may also use Pastebin to share the crash report here.
Please turn off AVG once and try to launch InDesign. Let us know if it works. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS?
Also, please submit your crash report using the steps provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

You may also use Pastebin to share the crash report here.
Please turn off AVG once and try to launch InDesign. Let us know if it works. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I an working on Windows 10 and I do not feel I should have to disable my Antivirus to get your program to work! I have tried adding in the file path as an exception on AVG and that fix doesn't work. I think I will be better finding another program that will have the design capabilities I require. I submotted lots of crash reports with my email address added and no one came back to me on those so don't really see the point of doing that again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are extremely sorry about this trouble. Steps shared above are for testing purpose only. We just wanted to confirm if there is any restriction applied from antivirus. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines