• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashing on macOS

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All - i am desperate. INDD is not working at all.

I have restarted, i have tried different way to open any INDD doc (to enusre i wasn't trying to open a corrupted one). I have uninstalled, deleted preferences, I have reinstalled. 

I AM DESPERATE! I have a new client (been out of work for 9 months) I have a deadline of tomorrow am.. and NOTHING!!

Any suggestions on how to get INDD to work. 

Thanks in advance

diane

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Hi Diane,

Sorry to hear about this. Please make sure you have your InDesign & OS updated to the latest version. I'd also suggest following the steps mentioned below and share your observations:

1. Reset Preferences: - 
  • Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

** Please note that resetting preferences will remove all t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need some information from you: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane,

Sorry to hear about this. Please make sure you have your InDesign & OS updated to the latest version. I'd also suggest following the steps mentioned below and share your observations:

1. Reset Preferences: - 
  • Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

** Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.  

1. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the InDesign. 

1. If that doesn't help either, login to root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: 
  • Go to Terminal (Go Utilities Terminal.app) 
  • Execute the following command on terminal to provide permission: 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign 
    • sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having EXACTLY the same problem. Have a brand new imac. Indesign works on my 2015 imac but this brand new machine is nothing a headache, I have wiped the entire system, re-installed and STILL Indesign is super slow and the beachball goes on forever. So much so I cannot work on it. It is clearly an ADOBE issue. Any help would be GREAT because I cannot get any work done as well 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to  hear about your experience. I see you have performed troubleshooting which includes OS & app reinstallation. I'd request connecting with Adobe assisted support. Team here will be able to perform remote troubleshooting on your machine and help accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines