• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign crashing when i paste a link

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using indesign for years and it rarely crashed before. It did something like 100 times yesterday and today. crashes have happened whenever i placed certain word text in to my file. I reinstalled the programme, updated my mac computer. nothing worked. Then switched to PC and same thing happend...

I formatted word file to txt and other formats, nothing worked. Then I started to slowly paste parts of text and located the problem to be in this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-change-or-delete-the-background-color-in-word-db481e6...

Somehow this combination of glyphs makes ID crash. I tried pasting the link from file, pasting from browser and even when i typed it by hand in indesign - same thing happened!... I don't understand and really have no reasonable idea why.

Please help.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

it's 15.01 on PC and 16.01 on mac.

it seems something corrupted my idd file when i copied from word ... i bypassed the problem with bitly.

i later tried to copy the same problematic link in another file and it worked normally there.

si i guess it was an exception. i will use place option more strictly from now on.

regards,

jernej

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Id version?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's 15.01 on PC and 16.01 on mac.

it seems something corrupted my idd file when i copied from word ... i bypassed the problem with bitly.

i later tried to copy the same problematic link in another file and it worked normally there.

si i guess it was an exception. i will use place option more strictly from now on.

regards,

jernej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines