• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign crashing while opening files with missing links

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just like my title says...If I open a document where one of the links needs updating, InDesign immediately crashes.  When it restarts, it says the document may be damaged. This is unacceptable.. I am scared I will lose my document.

We are working from a drop box for links. It's a team effort so links are updated by various departments daily.  Basically every time I open a document, its crashes InDesign.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used a similar workflow in the past successfully. 

Can you confirm that crashes also happen on brand new files, or is it only with the one you have?

Are you linking MS Word docs or Adobe InCopy?

Have you tried to save your InDesign file as a IDML file and back to Indd and work from that?

I also had issues when users still had the source text /image file still opened on their own computer, the syncing options had to be adjusted to avoid issues.

Are you using Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay.  I am hopeful that the issue is fixed by now. If not, please try saving the files to Desktop and share your observations with us.

If the issue is related to a specific document you can email your file to idfile@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file. Please upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello i'm getting the same problem. Whenever i open a document with a missing link it crashes and then says the file is damaged. Did we find a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines