Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign created interactive PDFs flattened

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy all, 

Wondering if anyone can help me with creating interactive InDesign PDFs. I have a situation where I have created fillable fields and radio buttons.

• What I need to do is, once filled out by the user, be able to somehow lock, or “flatten” the file so it cannot be tampered with.

Any tips?

Any help greatly appreciated!! Please advise.

Brent

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Bob,
Thanks so much, but yeah i have heard that 3rd party issue so I am hoping to be able to do it in InDesign. Apparently there's a script i can apply:

this.flattenPages();

but i haven't learned how to actually create/apply a script so, I'm working on finding out about that.

Thanks for taking time to reply!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably take this over to the Acrobat forum, but beware, anything they might come up with probably won't work with third party PDF readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob,
Thanks so much, but yeah i have heard that 3rd party issue so I am hoping to be able to do it in InDesign. Apparently there's a script i can apply:

this.flattenPages();

but i haven't learned how to actually create/apply a script so, I'm working on finding out about that.

Thanks for taking time to reply!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines