• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CS 6

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign CS 6 asks me for my serial number. I don´t know what happened, but all of a sudden Indesign says that my software is a trial one. I don´t find a possibility to give in my serial number. Indesign wants me to connect with my Adobe ID, but there my serial number is not part of my ID. So now I am on y 30 day trial for a software I purchased years ago already. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the serial number connected with another Adobe ID of yours or to another person's ID?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found my serial number in my ID now. But Indesign does not connect with my Adobe account. It is not an Internet problem, but a connection failure inside the software.

I'll try it again tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this what happens now: if I open a project everthing seems to be okay. If I open the software it asks to accept the trial, although I gave in my serial number the softwrae does not connect with Adobe to accept the number. The serial number is saved in my adobe account and directly connected with me and my software. Strange behaviour. Is Adobe trying me to purchase a subscription like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS6 is nearly 10 years old and may not be compatible with your OS. It's time to consider upgrading your version of InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is not a reason to force me and to make a software useless in not accepting anymore that I bought this software. This is cheating. Otherwise the software works perfectly on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, as already pointed out, InDesign CS6 is not supported under any modern operating system and whether or not it has been fine up til now is irrelevant. Any update can kill unsupported software.

That out of the way, do you have any Creative Cloud software installed? Did you run trials of any of those programs?

You may want to try the CC Cleaner tool and then reinstall.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)

Beyond that I can't offer anything as far as advice. CS6 is nine years old and you cannot possibly expect any company to support anything that old.

Finally, I assume you're on Windows and if it's Win 10 be sure to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but it is not a problem of the software or the system. Adobe CS 6 is running fine under MacOs Mojave. The problem is the connection with Adobe. They pretend that I have no Internet connection and it is not possible to receive my Serial Number. This is fraud. They try to force me to buy their subscription. It is the most impossible criminal behaviour towards customers. My serial number is registered with them. If they don´t want want, that my software connects and they block the connection, it is something Adobe does for a reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FRAUD? Are you kidding?

CS6 is unsupported in any MacOS later than 10.10! Find yourself an old machine on eBay and then try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You think Adobe created the software 10 years ago to suddenly PRETEND (10 years later) that it could not find an internet connection on a system that didn't exist 10 years ago.... ? When we say it's unsupported, we mean all sorts of things can go wrong and nobody can or will fix them. This is the sort of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay for me the topic is closed. I can only see, that nobody is willing to help and Adobe itself has no interest in their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's nonsense. We told you what the facts are and what to do....if you don't like the truth that's your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums are mainly user-to-user help. You need to contact Adobe technical support and ask them to escalate the problem. The forum is not the place for that type of assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not going to help with this! They are going to tell the OP exactly what has already been stated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know--but [apparently] the OP needs to hear it from the source, not other users, regardless of their experience.

I understand the OP's frustration, but they need to deal with the problem with customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Creamer Training, if I would have a valid E-Mail adress, this would help a lot. Through the support site I always get the answer, that I should subscribe to get support or adress the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines