• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CS3 arabic files

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried to open indesign CS3 files with cc2020 trial version (Mac OS Catalina), but its not opening correctly... How can I fix this?
Thanks for reply.
TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to be missing the font required for that file. Install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Font installation is correct. I have this problem with my new 16" macbook pro with catalina system (which only support CC2019 & CC2020). I tried in another two iMacs with Mac os High Sierra & Mojave with different versions of indesign including cc19 & 20. They all are working fine. I am worried that, is there any arabic compatibility issue with new mac os and indesign. All my files are in cs3 version and I can not open them in new laptop.  Please help me to find out a solution for this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a missing font indication. Is it an Opentype font? Does it work in other applications?

Try installing it in the InDesign/fonts folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use latest Mac OS Catalina, along with Arabic support in Adobe applications. All is working fine here as long as the fonts are supported. I'm afraid that the font you're using is "Axt Manal", Adobe has officially stopped supporting AXT fonts which were made for QuarkXpress with Arabic Extension, this move by Adobe was taken back in CS6.

Just like Bob said, you ought to have a supported font, try "GE Alma" OpenType font which is similar to Axt Manal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here - https://forum.rudtp.ru/threads/zaprosy-na-ponizhenie-versii-indesign-indd-to-idml-indd-to-inx.44870/ - few guys have ID CS3 and CS4-CS6 more guys, ask them to do for you inx or idml (post link to some dropbox/yadisk services). 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines