• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CS5 Crashes almost immediatly on 10.8.2

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure when it started as I only use ID every 4 months but it now just after starting it. Things that make it crash:

- Choosing open from the start screen

- Choose a template and then doing something like save or Cammand-D

I have tried resetting prefs, repair permissions, the fixing SING process (it came up repeatedly in searches for similar issues).

I am using InDesign 7.0.4.553 (7040) and Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Any help would be appreciated as I only have two weeks before I need to submit my folio for uni which I alway do in InDesign.

Crash report is here: http://pastebin.com/46isnjjk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 107 Replies 107
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you didn't notice that was mentioned in post # 84 in response to a crash report that was a clear indicator of a SING problem. This will work in many cases, but is hardly uninversal as there are plenty of other things that can cause a crash on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guess i did not. Kinda of lost me when everyone was fighting...calling names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me out? I am a teacher who uses ID and I am having the same issues as others. I tried the SING suggestion and some patches, but I still cannot open ID. Here is a link to my crash report.

http://pastebin.com/aHgyt3TG

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your crash is definitely SING. Did you do everything in the KB article?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I get to the last file folder (Mark II), I don't have a folder titled Datastore. All I have are files titled: SING.bundle, SINGCore.bundle, and TIN.bundle. Am I missing something? I tried solution #2 (moving Mark II folder to desktop), but it just seemed to copy the file folder rather than remove it. Thank you for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Windows, so I'm a bit handicapped with telling you how to handle removing the Mark II folder on your Mac. You're the second person this week to say the folder copied, which simply won't do. Try dragging it to the trash, or cut and paste it to the desktop, instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of dragging the file, I got a contextual menu (control click) which allowed me to "move to trash" and it worked!!!!!!!!!!! It worked! It worked! Even though I have admin rights on my machine, I still couldn't move the folder. Who knows why, but now that crap folder is gone and the world is returned to normal. Again, thank you for the help and speedy reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines