Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign cs6 booklet number

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've been printing an 8 page booklet and we think it might be a good idea to number each booklet.

I can set up page numbers within the booklet but I just want a number on the front (or back) cover so that we may run a raffle each game night.

Is this possible?

cheers

Roger

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a new document for each booklet… using data merge and variable data, but it may be easier to run the job through the printer twice. it is a big job having to print each unique booklet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How many are you printing and what size? How are you printing these? Yourself or with a printer/copy shop?

Are you using the Print Booklet feature directly from ID? or printing PDFs from Acrobat? etc etc.

If you are not printing these yourself, many printers have ways to add variable data like this to print jobs. Check with them as to what's possible.

If you are printing these yourself, depending on how many you need to print and how often, there are ways to add numbers in Acrobat, or you might look at a software solution. I personally like the look of one called NumberPress. Depending on how often you do this, something like that may be worth the price.

As for an ID approach, I don't know of any easy way myself, but others will jump in I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines