InDesign Cs6 Crash in windows 10 Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there ,

i am shrering the information of event viewer that gives ,

inDesign cs6 randownly crash please help on this 

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 8.0.1.406, time stamp: 0x50335e39
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0008d6fd
Faulting process id: 0x4dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6cef6881338a1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\InDesign.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: 24445c95-aad2-4a0d-8af9-4b0c3e50b7cc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the InDesign forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is unsupported under Windows 10. You can try running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode but if that doesn't fix it, you're on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That faulting module is the Visual C Runtime. As a first step, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling your various VCR versions and see if that clears things up. If not, go to Settings > Troubleshoot > Additional troublshooters. Scroll down until you see "Program Compatibility Troubleshooter" and run that against Id CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AlanGilbertson's suggestion worked for me.  I did not install/uninstall all the Visual C runtime files (I'm running 2015 - 2022 version)..  In addition, I had to check ALL the text boxes of the issues with the program before the compatability mode worked for me.  But yes, that fixed the error.  I had to do the same for Photoshop CS6.  GREAT FIX!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines