• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 Crashes on Launch

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5 on my Mac.

InDesign was working before and today it keeps crashing on launch. It won't open at all. It keeps saying that InDesign unexpectedly stopped working. I tried clearing the cache, reinstalling it, and resetting the preferences. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

CS6 is not supported under High Sierra. Either roll back to an earlier O/S (10.10 or earlier), move to Creative Cloud or find an alternative application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not supported under High Sierra. Either roll back to an earlier O/S (10.10 or earlier), move to Creative Cloud or find an alternative application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know! Not very happy about the solution but at least I know I don’t have to get a Creative Cloud membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will Indesign CS6 erver works on Windows 2019 server, am facing challenges like its creating 0kb PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm having similar problems.  I don't use indesign often but have cs6 on my computer with windows 10.  It was working OK.  Opened it Thurs. this week and got a message and it closed.  I've talked to adobe people Thurs. and today.  uninstalled and reinstalled all adobe programs, restarted computer and same message.  Tried removing creative cloud today and installing patch, restarted computer and same problem.  Annoying.  Not like I really want to pay so much for something I don't use often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pay a little more and get the latest version of InDesign, which should work on your computer, and get it just for the month(s) you need to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying it was working.  I don't use it often but still nice to have when I do want to use it.  There is a patch for it but that didn't work either.  A lot of money for one program I don't use much and I already paid for what I have.  I guess you're saying I can get it, use it for a month and then discontinue it until needed again.  A solution I guess but annoying. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On High Sierra CS6 needs an older version of Java. You can download Java 6 from Apple here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

Try clearing your CS6 preferences, and run the Java 6 install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines