• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 Hyperlinks not reading PIDs in URLs (LOCKED—Duplicate Post)

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator notes

Please only ask a question one time. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-do-i-edit-out-unwanted-characters-in-indesign-hyperlinks... for the 2nd post. 

Yes, I'm still using CS6, because I publish print books that are as old as Aldus Freehand, so I have everything back to Aldus Freehand.  Here's my question. Whenever I try to link to an URL that ends with a "/?p=",  InDesign adds a bunch of characters that the causes the hyperlink to get a 'not found' error message. 

Please see my attached image. 

Any url I enter with "?p=" adds the extra characters in the InDesign hyperlink text windows.   I 've tried editing and deleting the hyperlinks, sharing the hyperlinks, but any URL with a PID adds the characters I can't edit out using the hyperlink  windows.   This is what I found:  

"Originally “#” was used as an anchor to jump to an element with the same name/id. However, nowadays it's usually used with AJAX-based pages since changing the hash can be detected using JavaScript and allows you to use the back/forward button without actually triggering a full page reload."

I'd appreciate any step-by-step suggestions on how to get rid of those additional characters in an InDesign hyperlink?

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines